Our Float Pod® is one of the most comprehensive natural healing modalities available. It contains 10 inches of water and nearly a ton of Epsom salts diluted into solution. This concentration reduces the effects of gravity by 80% creating unparalleled buoyancy for effortless floatation regardless of body composition. Enjoy the chromotherapy (color therapy) and music options for a custom float experience. The water is kept at ambient skin temperature, promoting a deep sense of relaxation.
A standard float session lasts one hour, although floats can be between a half hour to four and a half hours. The float room is fully private, and we do not recommend swimwear to maximize the sensory deprivation experience and prevent foam from detergents. Showering is required before and after floating.
Following a float session, it is common to need a bit of time to assimilate back to the outside world. Sensory deprivation, even for an hour, results in heightened awareness to subtle energies. It is best not to have somewhere to rush off to so you can relax and fully enjoy the benefits of your float.
Float therapy benefits conditions such as severe PTSD, anxiety, depression, claustrophobia, pain, asthma, eczema, psoriasis, other skin conditions, fibromyalgia, thyroid dysfunction, stress, and so much more!
Please note that float therapy is not advised during the first trimester of pregnancy, while on a monthly cycle, or with severe psychiatric disorders. Unfortunately, we are not equipped to accommodate assistance in or out of the tank when physical limitations are present. Children 12 and older are welcome with parental presence in the facility for the duration of the float. *Float therapy is not a substitute for medical treatment. Consult your provider for medical advice and clearance to participate in float therapy when any acute or chronic condition is present.
Information & Procedures
All floaters, prior to each session, must agree:
- To rinse all oils, creams, makeup, etc. off prior to entering the Pod;
- To removal all jewelry;
DO NOT USE if you have/are:
- Fresh hair dye, spray tan, etc. (see below);
- Infectious disease(s) (see below);
- On menstrual cycle (see below);
- Unable to control bodily functions (urination, defecation)(see below);
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Psychosis or other severe mental/emotional disorder(s);
- Severe claustrophobia inducing severe anxiety response;
- **Epilepsy (see below);
- **In the first trimester of pregnancy (see below);
- **Diabetic (see below); and/or
- **Chronic heart disease, pacemaker (see below);
* Items marked with an asterisk carry a $1,000.00 charge to cover the cost of clean-up and refill if violated. Any prepaid services and/or deposits may be forfeited until this charge is paid in full. Failure to pay this charge once incurred will disqualify an individual from patronage at Beyond A Dream, LLC.
** Items marked with a double asterisk indicate that conditions do not prohibit floating when your physician has specifically provided clearance for float therapy.
Float therapy may induce severe relaxation and can influence motor skills affecting your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. Caution should be used after floating.
Tanning or shaving within 24 hours, or use with existing skin irritation can cause and/or exacerbate skin irritation; such irritation typically subsides within the first 5 minutes of floating.
Caffeine use is not advised three hours prior to floating and a light snack 1 hour prior is recommended.No bathing suits, all amenities such as earplugs, towels, hairdryer, shampoos and conditioners are provided.